Date: May 8
Here are step by step of this years graduations ceremony.
1. Students will be in their vehicles with their families and meet at the HS gym parking lot.
2. In alphabetical order, student will proceed in their vehicles to the front of the HS.
3. Students will exit the car and come to the podium to receive their diploma. If the student is a Valedictorian or a Salutatorian he or she will give their speech at that time. Parents are welcome to step out of the vehicle to take pictures.
4. Once back in the car students will then head back to the HS gym parking lot to wait for all seniors to receive a diploma. Once that is complete a parade of seniors will take place, where people can honk, say congratulations to this senior class. The route will be as follows: leave the HS gym, make a left and continue to drive in front of the elementary school. Make a right just pass the school and proceed to HWY 18, make a right, continue to Lincoln street where they will then make a left on Lincoln, go behind the cafeteria and circle in front of it back to Lincoln. Then head back to the grass parking lot at the HS. We will park you there.
5. Once parked 6 feet apart, the student will exit the vehicle, stand beside the car and listen to the school song. Once the school song is over students are welcomed to throw their caps. We will also so the senior slide show after to throwing of the caps.
A few extra things:
1. Cushing HUB will be there to live stream the entire ceremony. I will give you a link to be able to watch it. Each
senior will get a copy to keep.
2. KUSH radio will broadcast it over the airwaves on 1600 AM.
3. Please park along one of three locations to cheer on the seniors. In front of the elementary, along HWY 18, or in the cafeteria parking lot.