AGRA PUBLIC SCHOOLS DISTANCE LEARNING PLAN
Does my child need a PACKET or a CHROMEBOOK?
· ALL PK-1st Graders have PACKETS ONLY. Students in the 2nd through 12th grades who requested PACKETS due to limited internet access also have PACKETS ONLY.
· ALL other students will be doing their work on Chromebooks. Teachers will be letting you know what the assignments are and when they are due.
How To Communicate With My Child’s Teacher
- Teachers will have daily office hours (AT HOME) to assist your child and help students with any problems that might arise. Office hours will be held in a virtual platform that will be selected by your child’s teacher. This may include but is not limited to:
- Teachers will be attempting to make contact twice per week to check in on your child.
REMIND APP, Facebook, text message, Zoom, Google Classroom, email or phone calls.
NOTICE: PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS TO YOUR CHILD’S TEACHER. IF THEY ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE, THEY WILL CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATION FOR FURTHER GUIDANCE.
● Students will be required to complete all assignments.
● PACKETS ONLY -- In order to receive credit, parents will send a picture of the completed checklist on each packet/learning activity to their child’s teacher when it has been completed.
● CHROMEBOOK WORK -- The Teacher will assign credit according to the work completed in the digital programs (such as Acellus OR Odysseyware). Teachers will make sure parents and students know what digital assignments are due as well as due dates.
● Students should be able to complete daily assignments:
----Pre-K and Kindergarten: approximately 45 minutes and 30 minutes reading with your child
----1st and 2nd: approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes and 30 minutes of reading
----3rd – 6th: approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes and 30 minutes of reading
----7th--12th: approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes and 30 minutes of reading
● Some students may need additional time for daily assignments.
● Parents and students will receive additional suggestions for extended learning from their teacher.
How To Pick Up:
PACKETS AND/OR CHROMEBOOKS
ON APRIL 6TH -- TIMES TO BE ANNOUNCED
--PK-6th GRADE -- We will be using the “PICK UP” line on the South side of the Elementary
--7th-12th -- Use the main drive on the West side of the HS (where the flagpole is)
--NO PERSONAL BELONGINGS WILL BE PICKED UP ON APRIL 6.
--PERSONAL ITEMS/ BELONGINGS WILL BE PICKED UP DURING THE WEEK OF APRIL 20th.
--IF YOU NEED TO PICK UP MEDICATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE AT 918-375-2261.
How To Return Work
● Chromebooks – Teachers will reach out to parents using REMIND APP and/or other digital programs for communication about programs and assignments. Grades will be from the digital program assignments on the Chromebook.
● PACKETS ONLY ---Packets/Learning activities will be provided every two weeks. You will be alerted as to when to pick up the second set of packets. There will be a checklist of activities provided by your child’s teacher.
● Parents will need to send a picture of the completed checklist to their child’s teacher when the weekly packets/learning activities have been completed.
Will Work Will Be Graded?
● Yes, academic expectations and integrity remain in force.
● PACKETS ONLY -- In order to receive credit for packets, parents will need to send a picture of the completed checklist on each packet/learning activity and respond to communication from the teacher.
● CHROMEBOOKS – Teachers will take grades from work completed on programs.
Questions Or Concerns
● First contact your child’s teacher. If this does not remedy the situation, then:
Please call the office between 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday – Thursday at 918-375-2261 if you have any questions or extenuating circumstances that we can help you address.